- The Sabce fault starts east of the open pits at Nordgold’s Bissa Mine (3.4M oz +) and continues through the new orpaillage at the northeast corner of the permit. It proceeds to the Boken Vein Orpaillage on the western boundary, extending approximately 12 kms across the property.
- A secondary trend, Sabce Sud, appears to span approximately 4 kms across the southern section of the property, and includes the Black Vein Orpaillage, a series of deep shafts that trend sub parallel to the Sabce fault. Black Vein features black quartz vein similar to what is found at Nordgold’s satellite pit located approximately 20 kms to the east
- Of the first 40 samples collected to date, 20 returned assay values greater than 1 g/t Au, with multiple samples showing various concentrations of visible gold, with values between 10.8 g/t Au and 98.9 g/t Au
- Company geologists have viewed the panned concentrates of these near surface materials being processed by the artisanal miners and noted that the gold being recovered was also coarse and nuggety in nature
Maiden Drill Program
- In late 2020 Nexus conducted a maiden drill program at the Dakouli project resulting in significant discovery
- A total of 22 Reverse Circulation (RC) holes were drilled, totaling 2,914 meters in five target zones
- Several holes returned significant mineralization, including hole 7 which returned 4.83 g/t Au over 20m, including 14.51 g/t Au over 6m
- The location of the mineralization corresponds well with the interpretation of the location of the Sabce shear zone
- Ground geochemistry and termite sampling suggest that this mineralization may extend for at least a kilometer to the south west and longer to the south
- In May 2021 a total of 2500 meters of exploratory diamond drilling was completed over 11 holes. This drill program was designed to confirm and further test zones of mineralization discovered during the Company’s Reverse Circulation (“RC”) drill program conducted at the end of 2020.
- Drilling successfully outlined a mineralized zone enveloping meta-volcanic/meta-sediment contact. The contact has been traced over 800 meters in an east-west orientation and remains open at depth. In addition to abundant artisanal activity, the geochemical footprint (see Company news release, June 11, 2019) on the property indicates there are potentially mineralized sub zones or corridors that parallel the main trend and that appear to also extend in a southwesterly direction. Planning is now underway for follow up drilling in an effort to establish continuity along the main trend prior to testing a series of SW oriented targets.
*Drill core is logged and sampled in a secure core storage facility located in the village of Bokin. Core samples from the program are cut in half, using a diamond cutting saw, and are sent to Activation Laboratories in Ouagadougou, an accredited mineral analysis laboratory, for analysis. All samples are analyzed for gold using standard Fire Assay-AA techniques. Certified gold reference standards, blanks and field duplicates are routinely inserted into the sample stream, as part of Nexus’s quality control/quality assurance program (QA/QC). No QA/QC issues were noted with the results reported herein.