- The Niangouela exploration permit covers 178 square kilometres and is located on the Boromo greenstone belt.
- Niangouela is proximal to the Kalsaka mine and the Sabce shear zone. The property is road accessible and has one major orpaillage (artisanal mining area).
- Property contains numerous quartz veins and outcroppings proximal to artisanal pits and workings.
- In December 2016 company geologists collected 11 rock samples – several containing visible gold – at various points of interest in around the main quartz vein and associated shear zone
- High-grade quartz vein sample NG005 obtained 46 meters below surface in an artisanal shaft, returned a value of 2,950 g/t Au
- Sample NG006, collected from the artisanal dumps of the sheared intrusive, returned 23.9 g/t Au
- Sample NG007, taken from material extracted from an artisanal shaft at a depth of approximately 60 meters, assayed 403 g/t Au
- Sample NG008, taken from a shaft 10-12 meters from NG007, assayed 49.8 g/t Au
- Sample NG011, obtained from quartz vein near NG007, assayed 14.3 g/t Au
Maiden Drill Program
- The company conducted a phase one 2000-meter diamond drilling program in January 2017 with the objective to test the primary quartz vein and associated shear zone at depth and along strike while targeting areas of gold anomalies identified from rock samples and RAB drilling
- The drilling successfully intersected the shear zone for over 200 meters along strike and to depths of 105 meters below surface
- Results from the initial phase one program delivered gold intercepts in eight of the first nine holes drilled at the concession, with several intercepts of note, including visible gold reported in three holes
- Highlights include: Hole NGL-17-DD-008 which returned 26.69 g/t Au over 4.85m (including 11.7 g/t Au over 0.62m, and 132.00 g/t Au over 1.03m) at 57-61m below surface
- Hole NGL-17-DD-006 returned 4.00 g/t Au over 6.20m (including 20.50 g/t Au over 1.00m)
- Hole NGL-17-DD-009 returned 2.95 g/t Au over 4m (including 5.00 g/t Au over 1m and 5.92 g/t Au over 1m)
- Hole NGL-17-DD-003 returned 1.80 g/t Au over 5.1m (including 6.14 g/t Au over 1.1m)